Semester Update


posted by Brittney

1 comment

Well hello there. It's been awhile…

The spring semester of grad school has finally come to a close and I actually have FREE TIME! Those words haven't been in my vocabulary in MONTHS. It's a wonderful feeling :)

Here is what I have been up to lately:

The semester started with a bang. I received 3 clients for the semester, plus a full load of classes. Oh and I felt the leisure chaos of being a teacher's assistant.



In February, some of the grad students went to the TSHA convention in Houston. It's pretty much a big convention of seminars for speech-paths. It was so informative and I learned a bunch. I also got to meet up with some of my friends who live in the Houston area! Always good catching up with them :)






In March, Eric & I were able to go to the Houston Rodeo with my parents and my bestie, Kourtney! We saw Keith Urban and he was AMAZING. Such a great performer!


I also ran my 6th Bearathon! Really exciting!

I went to my FIRST Rangers game this semester too. I still love my Astros, but man was it a cool experience. I love the ballpark (really any ballpark in general) and I went with my friend, Kimber, which made it so much better. We are both huge baseball fans and it was the perfect big/little date.

Our grad school class celebrate this girls quarter-of-a-century birthday in April.

We went to the Rustic in Dallas and had so much fun just hanging with all the girls in our program and not thinking about school for a night.






I also got to celebrate Kourtney's quarter-of-a-century birthday the next day! She had a "pedal party" for all of her friends and it was such a fun idea! You literally pedal a huge bike/vehicle from bar to bar on Washington street in Houston.


Baylor Bears!


Parker sisters & blonde parker sisters :)



C-town…what's up?


Our grad class showered these speechie babies with love right when the semester ended! One baby boy has already joined the world, and the other will be joining us shortly! Can't wait to kiss their cheeks!

Last week, my mom graduated college from Sam Houston State University! She is such an inspiration - GO MOM! The day after she walked the stage, we had a graduation party for her and about 70 people came out to celebrate her and her huge accomplishment! My in-laws and bro/sis-in law and my adorable nieces came in from San Antonio to join in the celebration. Always a good time to see them and love on their beautiful girls.



In one year from now, I will be walking the stage at UNT getting my Masters. Words cannot describe how excited I am. I have a summer semester of classes & clinic, a fall semester of classes & off site placement, and the spring semester externship (NO CLASS!) left until I finish. I have 2 semesters under my belt and it has flown by, even though it's been crazy hard. I feel so blessed to be where I am and I couldn't have asked for a better experience at UNT or better friends in my program to have by my side. As well as a wonderful family & husband to support me through this journey.

Until next time,
Brittney :)

1 comment

Leave a Reply