Merry Christmas, Colorado Edition.


posted by Brittney

No comments


This year for Christmas, we went to Breckenridge, Colorado to spend time with family and hit the slopes.

View from the plane.
I have been to Colorado a few times before, but never to Breckenridge. This is by far my favorite place so far to ski/snowboard in Colorado.

Eric, me, my mom, my dad, and Eric's dad flew into Colorado Springs then drove the 2 hour drive to Breckenridge while it was snowing like crazy. Apparently, we got 28 inches of snow in the first 2 days we were there. It was beautiful.

The first day there, my dad and I took snowboarding lessons. I am an okay skier, not great, so I really wanted to give snowboarding a shot. I AM NEVER SKING AGAIN. I loved every second of snowboarding...even when I would fall on my butt or face plant, I was so ready to get back up and keep at it.

Getting fitted for our snowboards

Day 1 - Lessons


After about 2 days of snowboarding, I was finally able to feel completely comfortable on the board. It is such an adrenaline rush just flying down the slope (without falling), knowing it's just you, your board, and your balance keeping you moving. I keep telling Eric that I want to go back right away and keep doing it.



And what AMAZING views! I loved every minute of this trip.

When we weren't out on the slopes, we were hanging out at the beautiful rental house or walking through the town of Breckenridge and doing some sightseeing. FYI - Breckenridge has a FABULOUS candy shop. My niece & I were in heaven.








Christmas morning was spent just relaxing, while Christmas afternoon was spent on the slopes. Another fun fact - almost no one skis on Christmas Day. So we were able to get right on the lift and we had the slopes to ourselves for the most part.

Christmas Eve 


We had such a great time spending time with family, loving on our nieces, sking and snowboarding, and enjoying such a beautiful city and the great outdoors.


Until next time, Colorado. We will meet again soon!

Leave a Reply