And baby makes 3...


posted by Brittney

No comments

SURPRISE...Eric & I are having a baby! Due September 8, 2016!



We found out right before New Year's and it has been the hardest secret to keep. I had a terrible sinus infection right after we found out, so I was pretty much "forced" to tell our parents, but I am glad we told them so early. I am almost done with the first trimester and my exhaustion is out of control!! You will notice a trend in all my weekly pics...EXHAUSTION. So far I have had pretty weird cravings (grits, tomato juice, salty foods, pickles, and NO CANDY whatsoever), nausea (no morning sickness, thank goodness), and extreme tiredness.


Here is the first trimester in pictures...

6 weeks:



7 weeks:



8 weeks:


Biggio enjoys being in the pictures...obviously.

9 weeks:

I think it's pretty obvious that I am struggling to keep my eyes open.

At 9 weeks we had our first ultrasound. It was the craziest thing I have ever experienced. Up until that point, I was still kind of in shock about the whole thing and was still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that there was a tiny human in my belly. So hearing the heart beat and seeing this teeny tiny baby wriggle and dance around in my stomach was so amazing. Here is our little nugget at 9 weeks...



10 weeks:

Baby was the size of a prune here.

11 weeks:



12 weeks:

Maybe starting to show?

One of these days I will take my weekly pictures in actual clothes, rather than scrubs or workout clothes. Maybe when I get my energy back...maybe.


Eric and I did the genetic testing around 10 weeks, which just so happens to also tell you the baby's gender and we couldn't wait to find out if our bear cub was a boy or girl!
We found out on a Friday and had a gender reveal at Top Golf that night with my parents, Eric's parents, and Eric's brother and sister-in-law. {Click the link below to check it out!} It worked out perfectly and everyone was so thrilled to find out it was a...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azAcmfTeCCQ&feature=youtu.be

BOY!!! We couldn't be happier!





Eric and I would appreciate everyone's prayers for our baby boy (and US!) throughout this pregnancy and delivery. We are very nervous about everything, especially with it being our first baby, and it would definitely ease our anxiety if all of our friends and family were joining in prayer!

"For this child I have prayed and the Lord has granted the desires of my heart." -1 Samuel 1:27

Hopefully my next blog post will be an actual weekly post vs a whole trimester worth of posts. Blame it on the exhaustion! ;)

Leave a Reply