HAPPY ANNIVERSARY...one day early!


posted by Brittney

No comments

Happy one-year wedding anniversary to my wonderful husband. We have been together since May 2008 and I have loved every second of it. I wouldn't change a single thing.

Our very first picture together...obviously a long time ago.

Eric & I met through a mutual friend, Andrew, who I went to high school with & who Eric played college baseball with. Andrew took me to church the day before my freshman year started and we went out to eat at Panera Bread afterwards. He invited his gf at the time and as luck would have it, Eric! The very first thing I noticed about him, was how mesmorizingly blue his eyes were (as obviously how attractive he was/is...but I wasn't saying that to anyone.) I had a boyfriend at the time & Eric had a girlfriend, so we immediately hit it off as just friends. We bonded over the Tila Tequila reality show, Bret Michaels Rock of Love, baseball, good music, & of course, our love for the gym.

Eric & I with our matchmaker...Cooley!!
Over the course of my first semester at Baylor, we spent a good chunk of our free time together hanging out with friends and meeting up in the gym to workout. He would eye me while running on the treadmill (don't let him tell you otherwise ;)) and I would sneak peeks at him lifting weights. Conveniently enough, we both ended up becoming single by the next semester of school. We knew we both were attracted to one another and liked each other more than friends, so we decided to start up a dating relationship. While dating, he became not only a friend & a boyfriend, but my best friend. Eric was the person who was there for me through all the ups and downs, who supported me through every thing life threw at me, and he was able to make me laugh through the tough times and give me the reassurance I needed every single day. I can only hope that he would agree I was at least half of the person that he was for me.
Look at how little Biggio was!
Houston Aquarium 2010
Christmas 2010

Tyler Zoo
AXO Semiformal 2011
AXO Formal 2010
Not only was Eric an amazing boyfriend during my college years, but he was also a perfect date for all of my Alpha Chi Omega functions...thanks babe for being the arm candy, picture taker, and dance partner during all those events :)

AXO My Tie 2010
AXO NM Dance 2011
AXO Paint Crush 2011
Tyler Half Marathon 2010
San Antonio Marathon 2010
Boston Marathon 2012
Boston 2012
Baylor Ring Ceremony 2009
Homecoming 2009
Graduation 2011

AXO Paint Crush 2011
Eric's Birthday 2009
AXO Paint Crush 2010
My birthday 2009
Becky's Wedding
Tracie's Wedding
Baylor Christmas 2011
Baylor Football 2011
Thanksgiving 2012
New Year's Eve 2012
Jackie's Wedding 2012
Brie's Graduation 2012
Little did I know that 3 years after we started dating that we would get engaged!

Eric proposed by taking me on a scavenger hunt to all the places that meant something during our relationship...Panera Bread, Common Grounds, & Waco's Cameron Park. Panera Bread was where we first met, CG is where we got our daily fix of coffee during the week at BU, and Cameron Park is where we spent the weekends running and playing with Biggio. At each place, there was a different friend of mine to take me to the next place, which ultimately, the last place being where Eric proposed...the park. It was the absolute perfect proposal. I had no idea it was coming...not the slightest. I just thought he was surprising me by coming in town to visit. I have such a thoughtful husband.


Don't mind the hysterical outfit...just another AXO event.
Also, don't mind the Nike shorts. Obviously, not prepared.


Liz was part of this whole plan!



I cannot even tell you how blessed I feel to be able to spend the rest of my life with this man. Eric is already an amazing husband, and one day (way into the future) I know he will be an amazing father. He has exceeded my expectations and more. He is Godly, supportive, generous, humble, loving, wonderfully handsome, & so incredibly perfect for me. I don't want to brag, but we have such a great relationship. I will admit, we are slightly weird, but we are so playful and we love to joke around with each other. We are competitive with one another, but we are also very loving. We have found that with marriage, comes hardships, but so far, we have conquered everything that has come our way and have come out of the situation stronger than before. And I like to think that has something to do with our relationship with each other. Thank you for being such a wonderful husband, Eric. I wouldn't be who I am today without you. I LOVE YOU! Here's to SO MANY more years of marriage :)


On a side note, I start grad school at UNT on Wednesday...so nervous! Wish me luck :)

Leave a Reply