Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins


posted by Brittney

No comments

So, I don't know about you guys, but I love pumpkin. Love love love it. Especially in the fall.
And when I get stressed or worried or have a lot on my mind, I bake. So what better to bake than pumpkin muffins? And not just any pumpkin muffins, but pumpkin chocolate chip muffins!

Usually, I am a health nut about baked goods and try to get some whole wheat flour or sugar substitute in there somewhere, but not this time. Funny story--I actually made 2 batches of these muffins. One with the original recipe, and one with substituting healthy ingredients for the original ones.

Guess which ones turned out better? The unhealthy ones. Go figure.
The healthy ones basically tasted terrible.



Here is the wonderful recipe I got from this blogger.


Ingredients:

1 cup pumpkin
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (I actually didn't have this in my pantry, so I didn't use it. But I'm sure it would taste wonderful with it)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (the original recipe called for mini chocolate chips, but I just used regular and it tasted the same!)

Directions:

1. Combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs, and sugar until mixed well. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, pumpkin spice, baking soda, and salt.
2. Once everything is mixed, fold in the chocolate chips.
3. Grease your muffin pan and bake the muffins for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees.

They are delish! I highly recommend them. I may or may not have even 3 in a period of an hour.

I deserve them right?!

Leave a Reply