Sweet Friend


posted by Brittney

No comments

I have this friend.
Her name is Liz, and she is very near and dear to my heart.
The term, "friend",  is an understatement for this woman.


For anyone who knows sorority lingo, she is actually my "big" in Alpha Chi Omega. We met my freshman year at Baylor, when I had just become a member of AXO and I was looking for my big and she was looking for a little. We just happened to click and decided to "pref" (another sorority term) each other so we could have that big/little bond. But what we got out of this was more than just a bond or a sisterhood.

Bid Day 2008
It is hard to put into words what Liz means to me.
She my best friend. My rock when things get hard or when I need someone to keep me grounded. She is my support. My comforter when I need to be comforted or consoled. She is such a joy to be around. If you don't become instantly happy when you are around her, then something is wrong with you.


When we are together, we just can't stop talking. We love to just chat about anything and everything.
She is actually the person who encouraged me to go into speech therapy. She was in grad school at Baylor while I was completing my senior year. She wouldn't stop talking about how great speech therapy was and how much I would love it. So, I finally decided to satisfy her. Just kidding, Lizzie ;)

Being in a sorority makes you do crazy things ;)
Liz is also very uplifting and encouraging. She is such a beautiful person, inside & out. I look up to her in so many ways. She is such a Godly person and it is such an example to me of how I should be in my walk with God. She loves Jesus with her whole heart and it shows in her everyday life. I strive to be more like her in so many ways, and being such a faithful Christian is the one I strive for the most.


Liz got married to a wonderful man, Brooks, a couple months before Eric & I tied the knot. Brooks' & Liz's relationship is just another great example in Eric & I's life. Eric said it best in his toast at their rehearsal dinner, but we look up to them, not only spiritually, but also for their relationship. She really did find her perfect match, her soul-mate, and her partner in life. (We love you Brooks!)
They have always been a couple steps ahead of us, relationship-wise, and we have tried to follow in their path throughout our relationship. They don't know it, but we think of them as mentors. What a blessing to have them in our lives.





Liz is also, just so incredibly fun to be around. She has such a beautiful personality. She doesn't care what others think. We love to just be silly and crazy, no matter who is around. We are such goofballs, but we don't care. She knows how to make me laugh and she always knows the right thing to say.



Always throwin' what she knows.

I could go on and on how wonderful Liz is, but it's hard to put into words how much she means to me and how much a part of my life she is.
I really do wish she didn't live so far away :(


Side note- Liz & Brooks were actually present when Eric & I got engaged. They were in on it the whole time, and Liz had the hard task of keeping me occupied. Brooks also stood in for the photographer...

I guess Brooks had a hard job too ;)

Today, I had a few tests run and an echo done on my heart. [Update to come later...still a lot to take in right now.]
Liz has known about all the stuff going on with me and has always been so encouraging and so supportive. She prays for me and helps me through everything.
Today, I got this sweet text from her...

Here is the image...


I recited this over and over again during my appointment today. God really is our rock and salvation. He is our fortress. And no matter what happened today, I WILL NOT be shaken.
This was exactly what I needed to hear today, and I loved knowing that she had me in her prayers.

Liz, thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend. You truly are a big sister to me and I am so happy that God put us in each other lives. I know he has big plans for us. Thank you for your friendship. I LOVE YOU!

Leave a Reply