29 Weeks


posted by Brittney

No comments

Here we are at 29 weeks:
BTW, I took the 29 week picture 4 days late this week...whoops!



Don't mind the camo. It was for Eric's aunt and uncle's wild game dinner that they have every year. You can't come to the party unless you wear camo and mine so happens to be a men's tshirt thanks to a growing belly :)

The baby is the size of an acorn squash this week, weighs almost 3 pounds, and is around 17 inches long. His lungs are still maturing, his teeth buds are starting to develop, and his wrinkly skin is smoothing out.

I had a general OB checkup this week and it looks like I've gained around 15 pounds so far. It sounds like so much to me, but Eric assures me I'm "all belly".  At the appointment, our baby boy's heart beat was 142 bpm and my OB says that everything is progressing well. I also had a cardiologist checkup this week and doc says I should be able to have a "normal" birth without heart complications. He did tell me though, that I will most likely need antibiotics during delivery to keep infection from spreading to my heart, which I am totally ok with.

The baby still moves/rolls/kicks constantly...I swear it feels like he never sleeps. I am still sleeping pretty good at night, but need to have a pillow between my legs to help with the back/nerve pain. I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom a lot, but fortunately, I am able to go back to sleep pretty quickly. My sciatica pain hasn't been as bad this week, so I have been able to go for a couple runs in our neighborhood, which I have missed so much! I'm not going to lie though, I usually regret it the next day...

Hopefully this week the pain will be manageable! Fingers crossed! I cannot believe I am now 30 weeks pregnant. So crazy! Update to come soon :)

Leave a Reply